OK...I thought I had my testing down to a science but something strange happened tonight
Had a friend over...we got talking on the new pool deck...etc so I wanted to show off the TF100...I test for FC (FC=7)...water turns clear...then add 5 drops of r003 and water stayed clear...I say, see dude I have 0 CC's hence my water is very safe and will not smell like chlorine...note, I forgot to dump my test
5 min later my buddy turns around and says..."D...you have CC's" Huh...the water turned slightly pink ...so I added 1 drop of r871 and the water goes clear (phew...only 0.5CC)...then 5 mins go by and it's turning pink again (note...I swirl 10-15 seconds after each drop added)
So what gives...do I in fact have over 0.5CC's and hence need to shock...or is this a common reagent reaction?
FYI - full results are
CC - Not sure now...I thought 0???