Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC test question with TF100...I'm confused

1. Back To Top    #1

CC test question with TF100...I'm confused

OK...I thought I had my testing down to a science but something strange happened tonight

Had a friend over...we got talking on the new pool deck...etc so I wanted to show off the TF100...I test for FC (FC=7)...water turns clear...then add 5 drops of r003 and water stayed clear...I say, see dude I have 0 CC's hence my water is very safe and will not smell like chlorine...note, I forgot to dump my test

5 min later my buddy turns around and says..."D...you have CC's" Huh...the water turned slightly pink ...so I added 1 drop of r871 and the water goes clear (phew...only 0.5CC)...then 5 mins go by and it's turning pink again (note...I swirl 10-15 seconds after each drop added)

So what gives...do I in fact have over 0.5CC's and hence need to shock...or is this a common reagent reaction?

Thanks

FYI - full results are

FC 7
    CC - Not sure now...I thought 0???
    CYA 60
    PH 7.4
    TA 90
    Borate 50
    Salt 3200
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC test question with TF100...I'm confused

That is completely normal. If you leave the test sample sitting it will turn pink again. Your measurement is still valid.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CC test question with TF100...I'm confused

Jason...A big thank you ...so zero CC it is

I know someone here was recently not saying good words about the Mod's , but you guys are truly a helpful bunch and I just want to let you know that I appreciate this great service you provide
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator