Perfection, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
We finally got the pool replaced this past June after waiting THREE YEARS for the rain to stop and the pool area to dry enough to put the new pool in! The old one blew out in May of 2013 and the rains started the following week. The pool area is inside the deck, at the bottom of a long slope, next to and about 6" higher than the swamp which forms our back yard. And yes, it is in a flood plain. The pics are starting the fill...full and now :D. It took a week to get it this way. As you can see, our well has a little iron. As soon as the heat and humidity back down - heat index is 111' as I write this - I'll rebuild the deck!

Attachments

• 20160621_151533.jpg
    20160621_151533.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20160625_143255.jpg
    20160625_143255.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 20160813_155925.jpg
    20160813_155925.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 146
Magic fairy dust. The hard part is finding the Magic Fairy....
In the past sunlight would precipitate the iron, but not this time. Desperate to act before it stained the new liner (it has slightly, but AA is taking care of it) I resorted to SeaKlear Metal Klear (which is tetrasodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate. Say that 3 times fast!) Then added sand filter fiber and kept filtering and backwashing. Chlorine, salt, CYA and borax. Piece of cake. I kinda, sorta, almost trust the pool store owner since I do my own testing and she figured out by my questions that I had at least a small clue about pools.

At first I thought it was red clay, since that was the issue when we lived in the Piedmont of NC. But no red clay here, its all sand with a little yellow clay occasionally. We have both iron and sulfur, constantly fighting iron stains even with a softener.

Magic fairy dust. The hard part is finding the Magic Fairy....
In the past sunlight would precipitate the iron, but not this time. Desperate to act before it stained the new liner (it has slightly, but AA is taking care of it) I resorted to SeaKlear Metal Klear (which is tetrasodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate. Say that 3 times fast!) Then added sand filter fiber and kept filtering and backwashing. Chlorine, salt, CYA and borax. Piece of cake. I kinda, sorta, almost trust the pool store owner since I do my own testing and she figured out by my questions that I had at least a small clue about pools.

I've tried metal clear but it clouded my water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.