Converting from Baquacil to ?

Lholes

Aug 9, 2016
West plains mo
I am converting my baquacil pool due to problems mentioned in other forums of expense and pink slime to salt, chlorine or bleach but I am getting a lot of mixed answers. I have a couple friends who strictly use bleach to maintain their pool and love it. When I mention this many tell me it is not the best route to take (Ex. It will fade and break down the liner and it is hard on your system). What information/knowledge do you have on converting to bleach? Would it better to use chlorine?

Salt, chlorine, and bleach are all chlorine pools. The chemistry is the same, just the source of chlorine is different.

If you follow the TFP recommended chemical levels and maintenance, you will not damage the liner.

+1 to what Jason said.

Picture this- pool stores warn people not to use grocery store bleach (8% strength, cheap in cost) because it will hurt their equipment and liner, yet will push you to buy strong chlorine shock granules and potions that are just as strong (if not more) more costly *and* contain unwanted other ingredients. So if a *pool store* is clueless to chemistry, I would say those folks who advised you are also. :thumbdown:

Chlorine comes in many forms-gas, liquid, granular, solid pucks...yet its all chlorine. Here at TFP we believe in monitoring our pools chemistry with test kits that give us hard core accurate numbers. Then we can dose our pools appropriately. Our pools are clear and clean and much better sanitized with much less work.

Listen to Nike- Just Do It! :mrgreen:

On the tail end of converting from Baquacil to chlorine. DO IT !! My pool has never looked this good. My plan is, after getting my chemistry good is to use liquid chlorine, 12.5%. Menards has it for 14.99 per case, 4 jugs per case. The cost savings using chlorine vs. Baquacil is well worth the switch. These folks will give all the help you need if you follow their suggestions.
I got the Taylor 2006 test kit and plan on getting the TF-100 next year but do yourself a favor and get the TF-100 now. You will go through the powder and reagent like crazy. I had to order more reagent and powder. The TF-100 should get you through the process.
If I'm giving bad advise someone please correct me. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.