Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Proper hose set up on Polaris 280

1. Back To Top    #1

Proper hose set up on Polaris 280

I have about 15 ft of hose on my cleaner. What is the proper spacing of floats on hose, and which direction should back up valve be spraying? Also directional spray on cleaner has been just off enough to drive me crazy trying to get it just right.
    18,000 gal. Inground plaster. Pentair FNS Plus DE 48sq ft. 1 1/2 hp pump. Pentair Mini Max NT spa/pool heater. Automated w Goldline control pad inside and Aqua logic main control panel outside . Test strips and weekly pool store water testing. Attached spa w waterfall. Polaris 280 sweeper. Pool over 10yrs old.

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Proper hose set up on Polaris 280

Try this link This guy is always fun. There is more on You tube so see if they help.

Polaris 280, 380 480 Pro Installation and Walk-Thru - YouTube
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. My rpms are around 40. So I will adjust that. I'm thinking I need new wheels because I can stop them from turning with ease. I beleive the inner notches are worn enough. Does that make sense? Also the lead hose is not the depth of the deepest part of the pool. About 1/2. But I never adjusted it from previous owners and it was working great. Thoughts?
    18,000 gal. Inground plaster. Pentair FNS Plus DE 48sq ft. 1 1/2 hp pump. Pentair Mini Max NT spa/pool heater. Automated w Goldline control pad inside and Aqua logic main control panel outside . Test strips and weekly pool store water testing. Attached spa w waterfall. Polaris 280 sweeper. Pool over 10yrs old.

5. Back To Top    #5

If its not broke don't fix it. So I would leave the hose alone. I believe replacing the wheels is a reasonable cost.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall