Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Timer not working

Trying to upload photos from phone - hope they did

Timer is "ticking" but not turning gears so not functioning to turn dial and turn pool on and off

Any ideas short of call to electrician ?
    I can balance my water but that's where my know how of pool maint pretty much ends
    20K gal, IG vinyl, 1 1/2 HP Hayward Super Pump , 100lb sand, installed 2000 - new liner/filter/pump March 2014
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Timer not working

The printed thing that says "motor check" at about the 1 o'clock position, look thru there with a flashlight to see if the plastic gears are moving. I guessing they aren't. If not, you need to replace the motor Easy to do.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Timer not working

Also check to see if it is stuck in the pull out position. Mine did that once after I pulled it out to set the time and it got stuck in the pulled out position. I had to make sure it went back in.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!