Test kit is K-2006

These are my results from testing.

FC: 0
    CC: 0
    pH: 8.0
    TA: 30
    CA: 80

Pool size is 15x30
    3 feet is smallest heigh. 6 feet is tallest.
    In ground pool.

First time pool and home owner. Previous resident used prestineblue. I am moving over to the BBB method.

From using the pool calculator, seems I need to replace 50% of the pool water... Yikes. Am I doing something wrong? Opened the pool in July after paying a ridiculous amount for such a simple task. Sand filter as been running for 8 hours daily. I dropped several chlorine tabs since opening which may have been a mistake from reading the forum. We've had several down pours of rain and hot weather.

I purchased bleach, baking soda and borax to keep on hand.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: New pool owner

Is the CA you list calcium or CYA level? Do you have a SWG? WHY do U think U need to replace 50%? Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your pool info to you signature so that we can better help you. More here on what to put in your sig and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post Also, add your state to your location <---- so that we know what climate to help you with.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, correction CA was meant to say CYA (Cyanuric Acid).

Don't think I have a SWG.

I think I need to replace 50% of the water based on the pool calculator. I am on a mobile so maybe it's not as accurate. Or maybe I did a noon mistake testing/using the calculator.
    I can't update my sig either as I am on a mobile.