Help with variable speed pump schedule please?

ChadJ

Jan 28, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
We just completed our new pool and filled her up on Wednesday. I have a Jandy variable speed pump and have been running it at 3450 all day and night since the fill. I think it is ready to go on a more normal schedule and speed, but as a first time pool owner, I'm pretty clueless about what speed to use for how long at what times of day. The pool is free form 15000 gallons, Tahoe blue diamond brite with a spa. I am located in South Florida. It will eventually be a salt pool but we are waiting 30 days to help the new finish. The pump is Jandy VSP 2.7hp with an iAqualink controller. Your help is so appreciated!

-Chad
image.jpg

Nice pool!!!

Here's an article that will be helpful. Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

You have to start somewhere, and if it were me, I would start with low speed for 8-10 hours per day, either the default low speed or something around 1500 RPM. If it's not enough for filtration and making the water sparkle, increase is a bit.

Take a look at "read before posting" linked in my signature below. Following the advice there will help you get the best possible advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.