Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Anyone have any good suggestions for something to put between my pump and our sitting area to deaden the sound? Have to move the pump closer and, while it's not all that loud, don't want it to right in our ears while we're sitting and talking and such.

I am puzzled.. An Intelliflo, running a 1200 RPM, can't be heard if you are standing next to it..

My Intelliflo is outside my bedroom window and I'd have to go outside to check if it was on even at twice that speed.

How fast are you running it?

A picture of the area where the pump is going to be might help us understand the problem and spark some ideas.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well in the pic below (sorry, all I had handy that would make remote sense and it's dark) the pump is maybe 6-12 inches up toward the upper left corner of the pic. Where it's getting moved is about where the arrow is, only a little bit to the left. You have to use your imagination and extend the flat part where the tarp is around but the point is our sitting area is right behind that lattice.

I normally run it at 2200 rpm. That's partially because it's 10 feet above the water level and about a 75 foot run of pipe. The move is going to shorten it to about 50 feet and take about 6 feet off the height. Not sure what it will sound like there or if I will be able to lower the speed a little so I wanted to be proactive and start thinking about it now.

IMAG0236 - Copy.jpg

Don,

I think to hide the pump, and cut down on what little noise there will be, I'd make the bottom 3 feet of your lattice work solid. Something like wainscoting on the bottom of an inside wall, but made out of cedar fence material, to blend in with what you already have.

Let's see if we get some better ideas...

Thanks for the photo,

Jim R.

After digging up the lines and looking at the site a little more, made a slight change. Gonna put the pump just to the left of the blue tarp now. Lose about another 6-8 inches of lift by doing that. The lattice/solid suggestion still works there though! I may regret the aesthetics, but the mechanics (and work to get it there) I think are worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.