Hi, I am the pool mom. For 30 years I have ( successfully??) used the chlorine pucks, test strips or a 2 part drop test. I thought I was doing pretty good! Just last week my granddaughter began complaining about burning eyes. But the pool is crystal clear, my readings were a bit high, except for pH, which was low. So, I researched and ordered the Taylor K-2005C kit. Here are the results:
CH- 50 ppm
We have shocked weekly for 3 weeks as we went on vacations. From what I see, the FC and TC are high, and the CYA is very high. I have few teeny tiny black dots on the liner that may be black algae? So, how do I lower the chlorine and CYA? And should I use a copper based algicide for those pesky dots? We are going away for another week- dare I use the pucks?