Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suction side vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbury Park CA

Suction side vacuum

New to this AG pool stuff and I'm having trouble with the pool. I have the dead algae from my SLAM still in the pool. The only suction for the pump is a side mounted device, no skimmer. I am looking for some sort of vacuum that will allow me to suck this dead algae into the filter but the pump is only 1/2 hp.

any ideas? I don't really want to put big bucks into this thing. I've tried a wand type suction device with a screen on the inside but the "dust" simply goes through the screen and becomes free.
    John D
    A/G Pool; 5000 gal. Intex 16 X 48 Ultra Frame with sand filter 15110 and SWG.
    TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Suction side vacuum

Just a plain vacuum head, pole and hose is what you need. You might need a cuff to adapt to your suction inlet. Move it very slowly across the bottom of the pool after the dead algae carcasses have settled. Here's a couple links:
    Swimline Flexible Vac Head 8150
    Blue Wave Deluxe In-Ground Vac Hose 1 1/2 inch / 25 foot - NA200 -
    Swimming Pool Telescopic Pole - NA302 -

And here's a kit: : Splash Pools Splash Pool Maintenance Kit, 48 to 52-Inch : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting