Thread: Expectation VS Reality

1. Back To Top    #1

Expectation VS Reality

Pine trees suck. #ExpectationVSReality

image.jpg

The swan had a party while we were out.

image.jpg
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Expectation VS Reality

Wendy,

Good thing the swan wasn't driving home. Looks like she had a little too much to drink.

Jim R
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have to say... three cheers for the screen enclosure!!
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

4. Back To Top    #4

The swan is definitely hung over.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

5. Back To Top    #5

Dang pine trees! Pool boy, get to work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

<-------- pool girl.
    ~Wendy

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    <-------- pool girl.
    'pool boy' is destiny call not a gender
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I just WANT a pool Boy!! Or Cabana Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by max2k View Post
    'pool boy' is destiny call not a gender
    ~Wendy

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm available, but not cheap!
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

10. Back To Top    #10

And your kinda far!
    ~Wendy

11. Back To Top    #11

On a serious note. May be you need a good chainsaw. Or may be it's just my inner lumberjack talking.
    Inground vinyl liner 20 by 40 pool in North East
    Hayward 1,5 HP super flow pump
    Sand Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

BAD pine trees! So pretty and shady BEFORE a pool..........such a pain AFTER a pool!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Get that robot into the pool!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

14. Back To Top    #14

LOL, for us, its crepe myrtles, oy, skimmers are priceless, and we are cleaning the baskets daily.
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

15. Back To Top    #15

A Poolskim may work well for you. I have one for the perpetual crepe myrtle blooms and oak leaves that fall in the pool. It helps keep me sane.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

It's tough, but they are the only shade trees we have and I love the shade. Luckily it's only 2 times a year, I think the 100 degree temps and no rain caused it to start falling early.

Blah.
    ~Wendy

17. Back To Top    #17

Wendy, I agree with you about the shade -- its worth the extra skimmer attention to be able to dodge the sun on hot afternoons!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

18. Back To Top    #18

Lol leaves suck. My backyard neighbors let both of their huge pine trees die during our drought. Not only are they horrible looking and probably ruining our property value, but the yard and pool are always full of pine needles.
    15k gal freeform sport pool with rock waterfall. Replastered 5/2016 with Tahoe Blue Quartzscapes
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit
    Jacuzzi 2002 J 310

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Helen203 View Post
    Wendy, I agree with you about the shade -- its worth the extra skimmer attention to be able to dodge the sun on hot afternoons!
    +1 to that!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    It's tough, but they are the only shade trees we have and I love the shade. Luckily it's only 2 times a year, I think the 100 degree temps and no rain caused it to start falling early.

Blah.
    We have a couple of 70' ponderosa pines that do the same thing. I can't even pull out the skimmer basket because the suction has it stuck with so many needles. I end up emptying it 3 times a day right now.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.