Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oh the days when I loath pool ownership

1. Back To Top    #1

Oh the days when I loath pool ownership

So an already crappy week got worse with my laziness coupled with massive amounts of rain, ran out of chlorine etc. Time to slam. Oh and to top it all off I threw my back out moving the treadmill...
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oh the days when I loath pool ownership

Those darn treadmills are heavy!
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't say I ever loathe pool ownership. I admit I wasn't crazy about it when my wife first talked me into it, but even when it's a chore I can find a silver lining.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Geebot View Post
    I can't say I ever loathe pool ownership. I admit I wasn't crazy about it when my wife first talked me into it, but even when it's a chore I can find a silver lining.
    True this..... even when the pool is being a pain, it's my therapy, I love being outside messing with it. But then I like to keep it "perfect" and kickback and enjoy it.
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

5. Back To Top    #5

You are supposed to walk on it - not lift it!
    19300 gal, AG vinyl, 1 HP Pentair Dynamo two stage pump, 5 yr old Hayward Vari-Flo sand filter, pool 14 yrs old, well water, testing with Taylor K2006

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Doc said I should be on mine for an hour a day. I find it a bit uncomfortable but with a good pillow it's alright for a nap.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

I love pool ownership, it's therapeutic. but this heat this year is overwhelming, another 111 degree day today and tomorrow. Dry heat my butt The difference between 105 and 110 is ridiculous... 115 is insane 40 years and I've never get used to it Pool drinks more chlorine per day then I drink water and I drink a lot of water. I have 10 tiles that poped off this summer cause of the sun on them all day, either that or we had a earth quake

Hope your back gets better
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    I love pool ownership, it's therapeutic. but this heat this year is overwhelming, another 111 degree day today and tomorrow. Dry heat my *** The difference between 105 and 110 is ridiculous... 115 is insane 40 years and I've never get used to it Pool drinks more chlorine per day then I drink water and I drink a lot of water. I have 10 tiles that poped off this summer cause of the sun on them all day, either that or we had a earth quake

Hope your back gets better
    I grew up in South Texas, and I think I can relate. 100 to 105 was a fairly regular occurrence, and it was hot. But when it hit 110, oh man! Then, my family took a trip out I-10 to California one summer, and we stopped in Arizona one evening for dinner and to find a hotel. I saw a bank sign that said it was 123 degrees and when I got out of the car it felt like someone sucked the life out of me. Not a heat I had felt before. Now I'm in the midwest where despite the thermometer telling you it's in the mid 90's, it "feels like" 110 to 115 due to the massive amounts of humidity.

To the OP, I feel your pain. I've been sick with a stomach bug all week. Luckily I have my chlorine feed automated with a stenner on a timer, and had filled up the storage tank before I got sick.

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

9. Back To Top    #9

"Oh and to top it all off I threw my back out moving the treadmill... "

Thank you. Now I have a brand new excuse for not exercising!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey Mark...put some water in that pool... You may cool off.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

11. Back To Top    #11

You should try the 95 degrees and 90%+ humidity we have been getting around here lately, makes a dry 105 sound pleasant..
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by smforte View Post
    Hey Mark...put some water in that pool... You may cool off.
    Pretty clear huh !!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    You should try the 95 degrees and 90%+ humidity we have been getting around here lately, makes a dry 105 sound pleasant..
    You can have that humidity, I was in New York this last June and I was like WHAT !! It was really bad walking around and your clothes are all wet..here at least every things drys in a few seconds at 110 degrees

Cheers everyone, it's almost over !!
    Mark
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

13. Back To Top    #13

In Texas in August.....they put our mail in the mailbox inside a waterproof pouch!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

14. Back To Top    #14

I live in SE Texas near the Gulf of Mexico and people always complain about humidity vs dry heat. Man, it's all hot, who cares if you got it hotter or cooler, it's awful. So I can relate man. And I always tell people the same thing, you can learn to live with it but you NEVER get used to it!
    Lee Mims - Orange, TX, 25400 gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool
    Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Chlorine Feeder, Century 1081 2-Speed Pool & Spa Pump, Hayward H350FDN (350k BTU) Natural Gas Water Heater, Paramount O3 Ozone, Hayward Super II Pump for Waterfall, Aqualink RS System w/ Remote (Jandy), Taylor K-2006 Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Anything is better than the floods presently in Louisiana where you're neighborhood is one huge dirty pool !! Can't complain about anything when you see those poor folks and what they are going through.

I guess I have some days I'd like to fill it in but they there are the times I have the water just right, bottoms clean, no raking and nothing to do but float and have a cool drink enjoying the view. I love it.

Hope you're back is feeling better soon.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

Kinda going through a little pool remorse right now as I have a leak that's kicking my butt. After spending all day in 110 degrees and not really feeling I have it fixed its becoming a tad frustrating.

I can can say however my water is looking pretty dang good at least! And everything gets better when I see how much fun my family has cooling off in it!
    10k gal, IG Plaster, 3/4HP WhisperFlo pump, A.0 Smith Centurion single speed motor, Pentair TritonII sand filter, TF100 test kit, Hayward suction cleaner, City well water

17. Back To Top    #17

Bump up

as heat will be in excess of 115 for Fathers Day !! And left the solar running the last 3 days and now we have 12k gallon hot tub at 94.

Child: "Dad....throw some ice in, ITS TO HOT "