Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help adapting Pentair Optiflo Pump to Splash SuperPak Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help adapting Pentair Optiflo Pump to Splash SuperPak Filter

After 14 years, our pump started leaking. To replace from Splash Pools was $425, so I found what I thought was the same pump on Amazon for $278. The outlet to the filter housing is not in the right position, nor is it the right size. Has anybody made an adapter to fix this problem? Additionally, new pump is 1 1/2" and filter union half assembly is 2". I contacted Pentair, the maker of our original and our new pump, they said that they could not help me with my problem, but to contact Splash. I contacted Splash, they said that they could only supply an adapter for pump replacements purchased through them because Pentair manufactures an adapter exclusively for Splash. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Splash SuperPool, 9x17, PLM-150 SuperPak Modular Media System (Pentair Sta-rite 1.0 hp pump), purchased in May 2002, Solar heating system added in May 2004, empty during winter - but left standing, located in So Cal

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help adapting Pentair Optiflo Pump to Splash SuperPak Filter

A picture of your current equipment pad, showing the pump area might help us come up with an answer. Depending on how much room is available it might change the answer.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.