Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: I made a pool logger

1. Back To Top    #1

I made a pool logger

So, I haven't owned a pool that long but I found logging my chemicals tedious with something like excel or the notes app on my phone. So I made something that I could use to track my testing and what I have done to the pool. It is web based so it should work across all platforms. The deal is, is that it probably has a billion bugs (I am not a 'real' programmer) but I have been using it for a week or so and it's been helpful. I am going to add a ton more stuff like graphing etc..

I made a registration system so other people can use it but it has no form validation or user account verification yet, so I am hesitant to release it and then some spammers go wild with it. I also don't know the rules for posting something like this. Mods, if this isn't allowed, remove it. Anyways would anyone even be interested in something like this? Maybe I can just make a beta code to use or something and can give it to a few people.

Here is a screenshot from my phone:

13k Gallon IG Pebble w/ attached Spa, AquaRite T-Cell-15 SWG, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Hayward 400k Heater, TF-100 Kit, Pool Logger

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I made a pool logger

I think it's an excellent idea! I've often thought it would be worthwhile for TFP to offer a way to log your levels so you can track trends over time. Might also add temperature.
    16 x 32 IG plaster pool, 23k gallons, built 1992, DE filter, Pentair VS pump, IoThyngs controller, Taylor 2006 test kit, SoCal water restrictions
    Newbies with green pools, see SLAM and Recommended Test Kits. My company: IoThyngs

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, temperature. I will need to add that. Lots to add actually. I have an options screens for people to turn on and off tests like borates or salt.
    13k Gallon IG Pebble w/ attached Spa, AquaRite T-Cell-15 SWG, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Hayward 400k Heater, TF-100 Kit, Pool Logger

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice. Could your services help TFP design something for their website?
    20k gallon, 20x32, salt (NOT FOR ANOTHER WEEK), gunite with quartz finish, raised spa with overflow, flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair Racer, Pentair pool pump etc. and equipment, acid dispenser (net yet used).
    TF-100 kit for sparkling clean water.

5. Back To Top    #5

Check out the "Pool Pal" app. It hooks up with TFP and I use it every day.
    14,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Frankhugus View Post
    Check out the "Pool Pal" app. It hooks up with TFP and I use it every day.
    unfortunately it was last updated may 2014. I'd love if TFP had a login with settings you could save, along with a mobile webpage or something. You could dump your current into a database and save it every day.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

7. Back To Top    #7

Is it for iPhone? I can't find it.

8. Back To Top    #8

If you've got a monitoring system you can automatically log that data on ThingSpeak. My system currently automatically logs and graphs temperature and pressure (along with a few other parameters) to ThingSpeak - see Proto Pool - ThingSpeak for my public page. I have no affiliation with ThingSpeak other than a satisfied customer. It would be nice to be able to display data you've collected in your application to a visualization app like ThingSpeak.
    16 x 32 IG plaster pool, 23k gallons, built 1992, DE filter, Pentair VS pump, IoThyngs controller, Taylor 2006 test kit, SoCal water restrictions
    Newbies with green pools, see SLAM and Recommended Test Kits. My company: IoThyngs

9. Back To Top    #9

That's pretty cool! I was thinking about adding visualization features for all the params. But first I have to get the basics done. I guess I could add PoolMath recommendations etc too...but one thing at a time.

10. Back To Top    #10

Not sure if available on IPHONE. I'm Android. It saves every day and can be exported.
    14,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated.

11. Back To Top    #11

I record rainfall as well - helps me keep an eye on how much wash out is occurring. This would be a good optional measurement.
    Pool newbie - In ground 13.5k gallon gunite pool & spa. All Jandy equipment - 2.0HP VS pump, iAqualink touch controller, Jxi heater, & AquaPure salt cell system, CL 580 cartridge filter, & 1.0HP water feature pump. SAVI LED lights.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by ccp4321 View Post
    I record rainfall as well - helps me keep an eye on how much wash out is occurring. This would be a good optional measurement.
    Especially if you can add the data automatically from Wunderground via their API - that way you can get the rainfall data from your own weather station or the nearest Wunderground site. You could potentially also add something like solar insolation which might help calculate chlorine loss.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

13. Back To Top    #13

I would LOVE to have this!
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

14. Back To Top    #14

I want it too, if I can run it on an Ipod.
    21900 gal in-ground pool. 40' X 20' oval. 3' deep shallow end and 8' deep end. 1.5hp pump, cartridge filter, one chlorine reactor and another that I'm not sure of...it has a frog on it?

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by ccp4321 View Post
    I wish we had rainfall!

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Frankhugus View Post
    I wish we had rainfall!
    Trying to make this thing test ready ASAP. I can add rainfall after I am sure all the basics work! Thanks for the suggestion.

17. Back To Top    #17

Also, whilst the features are creeping in... It would be useful to be able to enter past history - ie the previous few years data. I have several pads with the results diligently recorded that I intend to put into excel.
    Pool newbie - In ground 13.5k gallon gunite pool & spa. All Jandy equipment - 2.0HP VS pump, iAqualink touch controller, Jxi heater, & AquaPure salt cell system, CL 580 cartridge filter, & 1.0HP water feature pump. SAVI LED lights.

18. Back To Top    #18

I would love something like this. Currently putting info in notebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    VinDeeLoo
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

19. Back To Top    #19

Does anyone want to try this yet? Send me a PM and I will give you a code to try it. Just note that its probably will break as there is no data validation, etc.

20. Back To Top    #20

Thank for the few that are testing this! I am working on adding features and making stuff work. I am using this a bunch these last few days with lots of rain. Fun times!

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast