New to this forum and already have a dilemma (sorry for the long post)
after having some slight issues with algae (nothing too bad really), I bought some "Eliminator" by Clorox from Lowes and from that moment my pool started to foam and had a real bad perfume smell. There was also NO chlorine reading on my test strips so I used 2lbs of the "Extra Blue" (also Clorox),
to raise the chlorine level but nothing happened and the foam and smell remained.
So after two days I used 3 qts. of liquid chlorine (my pool is approx. 15.000gal), which didn't raise it either. So I poured one more qt in in the evening which raised the chlorine reading to 3ppm but the next morning it was back to 0.
I took a water sample to leslie's and he said "the water is fine you just need chlorine".
But after I told him the whole story he said that the high amount of sanitizers can only be fixed by draining 1/4 to 1/3 of the pool, refill and then shock.
This I did last night with "Pool Essentials" shock (3lbs.), and now the chlorine is at 4ppm, perfect!
But the water still foams a bit and it's very murky, green (no algae on walls and floor).
Would it help if I treat now with "SeaKlear" Natural Clarifier to get rid of the smell, foam and murkiness??
BTW: after reading reviews on Clorox product I will NEVER buy this stuff again
Eagerly awaiting replies