36.2% Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic) adjustments

CCob

Aug 11, 2016
UK
I have recently become a proud new owner of a 1500 litre hot tub and also a new member to the forum. I have been investigating the Dichlor/Bleach method and getting various chemicals ready for my 1 month water change that is recommended for a new tub. I believe I can source everything needed, except the hydrochloric acid seems to be sold in 36.2% strength in the UK instead of 31.45% that the pool calculator's calculations are based on. Do I simply adjust the ml recommended by the calculator by a factor of 15% since 36.2 is 15% more than 31.45? In other words if the pool calculator recommended 100ml of hydrochloric acid at 31.45% would this be the equivalent of 85ml in a 36.2% strength solution?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Answer is yes, and/or select 34.6% in the drop down box which would be closer. Be sure your TA is set correctly in PoolMath when looking at the recommended acid addition.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Answer is yes, and/or select 34.6% in the drop down box which would be closer. Be sure your TA is set correctly in PoolMath when looking at the recommended acid addition.

Excellent, thank you needsajet. I certainly will be making sure the TA is correct first. Under the borates section it seems fixed at 31.45%, but as long as my adjustment calculations are correct that works for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.