Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 36.2% Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic) adjustments

1. Back To Top    #1

36.2% Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic) adjustments

I have recently become a proud new owner of a 1500 litre hot tub and also a new member to the forum. I have been investigating the Dichlor/Bleach method and getting various chemicals ready for my 1 month water change that is recommended for a new tub. I believe I can source everything needed, except the hydrochloric acid seems to be sold in 36.2% strength in the UK instead of 31.45% that the pool calculator's calculations are based on. Do I simply adjust the ml recommended by the calculator by a factor of 15% since 36.2 is 15% more than 31.45? In other words if the pool calculator recommended 100ml of hydrochloric acid at 31.45% would this be the equivalent of 85ml in a 36.2% strength solution?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 36.2% Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic) adjustments

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

Answer is yes, and/or select 34.6% in the drop down box which would be closer. Be sure your TA is set correctly in PoolMath when looking at the recommended acid addition.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 36.2% Hydrochloric Acid (Muriatic) adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by needsajet View Post
    Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

Answer is yes, and/or select 34.6% in the drop down box which would be closer. Be sure your TA is set correctly in PoolMath when looking at the recommended acid addition.
    Excellent, thank you needsajet. I certainly will be making sure the TA is correct first. Under the borates section it seems fixed at 31.45%, but as long as my adjustment calculations are correct that works for me.
    1500 litre Hot Tub with aristech acrylic shell, Balboa BG601 Controller, 1 x 2HP Balboa Niagra 2 speed pump, 1 x 2HP Balboa 1 speed pump, Balboa 2KW heater, Taylor K-2006 test kit,