"greasy" looking white film on top of pool

May 12, 2008
California City, CA
I have had my pool a couple of years but have never seen anything quite like what I saw today. I've had my pool covered for a couple of days with my solar cover on and the creepy crawly inside (but not running). Today when I took the cover off there's a weird "greasy" looking white film covering the top of the pool. My chemicals were all reading fairly normal but I did turn on the filter to run it through and see if I can get rid of it. The filter was just backwashed so it can't be that. Any ideas???

I'm sorry I didn't get a picture. That would have been a great idea! After posing my question, I went out to the pool and added a little bleach and kept the filter running. By the time I read the suggestion, the white crud had pretty much dissipated. The kids swam last night and it didn't seem to come back. I covered the pool again last night and will see if it returns today when I take the solar cover off. If it does, I will take a picture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.