Replacing old flat IG pool drain cover with safety drain cover

Dec 15, 2015
Anaheim/ CA
Since pool is drained I wanted to replace the original flat main drain cover with a safer rounded cover. Gently tried to remove old cover but does not budge. Has anyone been successful in doing this?

Attachments

• pool drain.jpg
    pool drain.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 110
8 inch is a pretty standard size. Just google and you will find lots of retrofit safety drain covers. It should be a simple project to replace it.

When I google "8 inch universal pool drain cover", I get lots of them with prices ranging from around $10 to $49, with most in the $20 range. All but one looked to be compliant with the regulations.

Thank you for your replies. Called INYOpools and sent them a picture of the drain but never got a reply. Could not leave plaster pool empty any longer so acid washed and refilled it. INYOpools did have the replacement parts for an old American Products pool light which I ordered and am waiting to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.