Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Got my robot...

1. Back To Top    #1

Got my robot...

...and I think I'm in love. Got the Dolphin Nautilus today, I love how easy it is to use! I'm storing away my vacuum hose. That thing was unsightly anyway.
    33,000 gal IG vinyl 20x40 with deep end/diving board. Liner new 2015
    Hayward 300lb sand filter (new 2016)
    Sta-rite pump (unknown model, it's old)
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    Well water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Got my robot...

Welcome to TFP!

This is the third summer I've had my Robot, and been without a vac hose. I've said numerous times that it was the single best choice I made for my pool build and stand by that statement still today. I'd never want to do without one now.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I agree with Patrick. I love my robot. My wife may be disappointed at not pool boy though.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

It is seriously the best. Oh the nastiness that thing got out of my pool. So worth it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Its somewhat amazing how much better a good robot cleans vs vacuuming. My Nautilus is still going strong after 3 years. So, Im with Patrick on it being an awesome investment.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

We absolutely love our Dolphin DX5+S. Was well worth the investment. Just plug it in & sit back & enjoy a adult beverage��
    84' perimeter 16' x 31' gunite in-ground pool with blue quartz finish, travertine coping, 8'-6" x 18" raised beam and 14' of 12" raised beam with 2 scuppers, built in June, 2015. 385' of Houston Tan acrylic decking. 2 H.P. Tristar variable speed pump, Hayward 4025 cartridge filter and Dolphin DX5+S robotic cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Just out of curiosity, would the Nautilus Plus be worth buying over the Nautilus?

Just happens to be one of the models I have been looking at since I need to go a little lower on the $$$ for cleaner since I'm planning on upgrading pump/motor.
    23,000 - 18x36 - IG Vinyl - Hayward Pro Series 244T Sand - 1HP Hayward Pump - Circupool RJ60 Plus - K2006

8. Back To Top    #8

There have been a lot of days where I wish my Nautilus had a handle on top of it like the Nautilus Plus does.
    The regular Nautilus, you have to squat down, grab it on the sides with both hands and pull it out of the water.

IMO, after 3 years with the Nautilus, the extra cost for the N Plus would be worth the little extra just for that handle.

Other than that, I dont see any other feature that would warrant a higher price for Nautilus Plus above the Nautilus.

Quote Originally Posted by the77boudreau View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would the Nautilus Plus be worth buying over the Nautilus?

Just happens to be one of the models I have been looking at since I need to go a little lower on the $$$ for cleaner since I'm planning on upgrading pump/motor.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!