Master Temp 400 NG

So I think this is the one I am going with. Am I correct in thinking that I need to wire in the Firemans Switch?

All this system is, is a single filter pump that runs from 10 a.m. to about 2 p.m. (sweeper has its own pump as does the spa jets) From what I gather the Firemans switch is to protect the unit if the filter pump shuts down during a heating cycle...OR is it so the heater cannot be refired until 15 minutes has passed since the last fire?

In the pool deck located opposite the pool equpt. are 2 two way manual valves. One is for filter draw, the other is for filter discharge...This is at present how the Home owner re-directs the spa pool flows. There is a 3 way toggle switch that is wired for the pool / spa heater controller. The new heater can be wired exactly the same, as this is what the client wants. So what exactly is the Firemans Switch for?
Thx

http://www.amerimerc.com/pImages/Owners ... erTemp.pdf

page 36

The fireman switch turns the heater off 15 minutes (or more) before the pump turns off. That gives the heater time to cool down, with the cooling provided by the water the pump is still pumping. If the heater and pump were to turn off at the same time the heater could overheat and damage it's self.

That heater says to use a fireman switch. Automation systems normally include the fireman switch function as a standard feature of the automation system. But if you are using a standard timer you need to make sure you have/get a timer that supports it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.