Above Ground Pools and Paver Stones

Aug 11, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Hello all,

About 6 months ago I had 2000sq feet of paver stones installed in my back yard. I've been thinking about getting one of those Intex above ground pools with the metal frame. I would be getting one that can hold about 8,000 gallons and I know the weight of the water will be about 65,000 lbs. I was wondering if anyone has setup an above ground pool on paver stones and if the pavers will be able to handle that type of weight. I'm worried that the pavers might sink.

Any help is appreciated.

Under the pavers is a 4" layer of some sort of soil they called "base" and under that is the regular soil/dirt. The pavers on the borders have cement under them locking them in place but everything on the inside is just locked together like a puzzle.

That base is probably gravel or sand-like material. Among other things it allows water to drain off so I imagine you'll be fine. It's a bit of a guess in that you never know what the virgin dirt looks like (was it fill or original dirt?) so you could get some settling. The guy who put your pavers down would be the best resource but still a guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.