Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ionizer start up

1. Back To Top    #1

Mystic ct

Ionizer start up

Quote Originally Posted by myvols2002 View Post
    People on here only use what they know. I haven't heard of anybody here that has tried a ionizer for themselves to give it a fair shot. I have and i have been using it now for 5 seasons without any trouble. I have heavy use and it has been over 100 degrees here for 10 days in a row and still no trouble. I put no chlorine in my pool to assist my ionizer nor am I suppose to. My water has never been cloudy not even after i open it up in late spring. I read on here that a lot of people has trouble with there pools after using all the chemicals that you recommend and that it's to hard to maintain there pools but I on the other hand don't spend any time checking my pool I just injoy it.
    Hi I am just finish putting my pool up and I bought an ionizer. I don't know how to take care of a pool but I know I don't want any chemicals.
    What exactly I need to do when my pool is full with water to get my water ready for swimming? Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Ionizer start up

Welcome to TFP!

Good health insurance for a start. Ionizers cannot be marketed for use without normal chlorine levels in the US because the EPA does not consider them to be safe.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

A pool without the appropriate amount of chlorine is at high risk of person to person disease transmission of viruses, bacteria and other pathogens. Especially in kids.

Start here, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Grand Rapids, MI

I don't know how to take care of a pool but I know I don't want any chemicals
    I realize you're new to this and trust that someday you'll see the humor in this statement.

Please consider that the very water that you're filling your pool with has already been "chemically treated" to preserve human health...since fortunately you're not from Flint Michigan

Chemistry also involves mineral components and their interactions, and ionization in that sense is still an interaction after a fashion. So don't believe the hype about "natural" pool treatment...natural aproaches to water purification are way more complex and require a much greater scientific command of chemistry "Natural" that does not involve this level of knowledge is actually negligence

Waterborn illness is a very real and largely under reported phenom. You will not find any scientist worth beans who will not readily admit that chlorination trumps all else for sanitation and kill rate. Just ask WHO. The CDC. So the KISS principal as applied to pool care is actually chlorine maintained at 7.5% of your CYA. It is simple and easy to achieve with a good test kit ( )and some bleach. I hope you dig in to this site to learn more!
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains