Palmetto filter sand

Jun 14, 2015
Waycross, Ga
Is anyone using a brand of filter sand called 'Palmetto'? It was one of the only reasonably priced options I could find local to me. There were NO SPECS at all on the bags- it is just labelled 'Palmetto filter sand'. I sourced it from a longtime local pool builder who said he uses it with all of his installs. The manufacturers website doesn't even offer any specs. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this sand? I went ahead and loaded up my Hayward S244T with 300# of it, and it seems to be doing fine. Just wondering if anyone else was using it, and what they thought of it.

Filter is not full of it. Only the builder is full of it.
So far with 100lbs in a 350lbs sand filter... running 14 psi. Got to 22psi before I decided that I need to help myself. TFP has been my only help! (sorry, wrote the saying no one here nor there will help and it sounded like I was talking about on this forum! NOPE)
My pool builder was NOT coming back for awhile it seems after calls, if ever. Found a youtube.com video and palmetto seems elite. Very good sizeable sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.