Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Home automation of pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Home automation of pool.

Just saw this...might be interesting for the geeks out there like me:

Home Pool Added to Home Automation | Hackaday

Not sure I would completely trust it, but it's an interesting read none-the-less.
    ----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Home automation of pool.

Excellent link, thanks! This ties in closely with one of our products, so it's good to see how others approach the problem.
    16 x 32 IG plaster pool, 23k gallons, built 1992, DE filter, Pentair VS pump, IoThyngs controller, Taylor 2006 test kit, SoCal water restrictions
    Newbies with green pools, see SLAM and Recommended Test Kits. My company: IoThyngs

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an Arduino and an Ethernet shield that I bought a while back intending on hooking up some temp probes to use it to monitor water temperature, and maybe the temp inside my chlorine storage tank. I'm not sure I want to mess with ORP probes and stuff, but this project could still be useful to me for the code.

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

4. Back To Top    #4

Let me know how it goes. I tinker with RPi and Arduino for lighting and kodi. My next project was going to be z-wave related so let me know how it goes.

----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink