So I have a Zodiac Mx6 that I have not used, it came with the build. I am considering purchasing a robot for a couple reasons:
1. I don't want to deal with setting up a suction side cleaner every week.
2. I don't want to leave it set up in the pool.
3. Additional cost to run the pump at a higher RPM to run the cleaner.
4. Increasing the frequency of cleaning my filter.
5. Now not sure this is going to be an issue, but I was looking at the bottom of the MX6, it has a plastic propeller that spins to create the suction, there is no shield over this propeller, seems to me that when this runs over the bottom main drains there is not going to be adequate clearance and they propeller will hit the main drains. Not sure if this is a real world issue but it seems to me that over time this will chew up the propeller and or the plastic on the edges of the main drains, which in my case have pebble plaster in them.
The robots seem to have a soft rubber brush cleaner on the bottom of them. Am I correct on my assumptions? If so I think I will just purchase the robot and try to sell the Mx6 on craigslist or ebay.
Also, for those of you with a robot, is there a need for a 1hr, 2hr, and 2.5 hr cycle or the Bluetooth, or caddy? I can't see the need for Bluetooth control, isn't the point of these to be drop in an forget?