Tayni

Aug 7, 2016
Coamo,Puerto Rico
Hi,
i am new in this forum and in the world of above the ground pools. I have a 18x48 intex (the blue one) that I haven't install yet and I will like to built a small deck for it. I will like to now if this pool post are strong enough to built the deck. And do you install the wood on top of the pool post.

if there are some words wrong excuse me I don't speak English well I speak Spanish and some time I have trouble to understand some conversations

does anyone has change the post for galvanize ones?

Hola y bienvenido Tayni! :wave: Mi esposa es Puertorriqueña. :p Unfortunately, I do not speak or write Spanish very well. ha ha. Usually pool owners who have above ground pools will build a frame for the deck next to the pool, but it will be on it's own support posts. The pool posts/legs are just to stabilize the pool wall itself. If you do some searches from the search feature at the top of this page, you'll see many examples of other deck projects that TFP members did. Try searching "pool deck" or something like that. You should see a few examples. Maybe some other above ground pool owners will reply to your question too.

Very nice to have you join us. :)

Muchas gracias por su pronta respuesta,y me Alegra saber de una compatriota por alla.
Thank you for the quick response. Ok now I can understand better with you explanation. I was a litter confuse because all the the picture that I see the wood posts seems to be very close to or on top of the pool post and frames. Thanks again.

The pool uprights are not strong enough to support a deck, however all you need to do is build a free standing deck. Many on here have done this and they have allot of details and pictures of their beautiful decks. Just search intex pool deck on this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.