Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Deck

Hi,
    i am new in this forum and in the world of above the ground pools. I have a 18x48 intex (the blue one) that I haven't install yet and I will like to built a small deck for it. I will like to now if this pool post are strong enough to built the deck. And do you install the wood on top of the pool post.

if there are some words wrong excuse me I don't speak English well I speak Spanish and some time I have trouble to understand some conversations

does anyone has change the post for galvanize ones?
    18x48 Summer Escape above the ground pool
    SF 70119 intex sand filter and pump
    6450 approx gal water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deck

Hola y bienvenido Tayni! Mi esposa es Puertorriqueña. Unfortunately, I do not speak or write Spanish very well. ha ha. Usually pool owners who have above ground pools will build a frame for the deck next to the pool, but it will be on it's own support posts. The pool posts/legs are just to stabilize the pool wall itself. If you do some searches from the search feature at the top of this page, you'll see many examples of other deck projects that TFP members did. Try searching "pool deck" or something like that. You should see a few examples. Maybe some other above ground pool owners will reply to your question too.

Very nice to have you join us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Muchas gracias por su pronta respuesta,y me Alegra saber de una compatriota por alla.
    Thank you for the quick response. Ok now I can understand better with you explanation. I was a litter confuse because all the the picture that I see the wood posts seems to be very close to or on top of the pool post and frames. Thanks again.
    18x48 Summer Escape above the ground pool
    SF 70119 intex sand filter and pump
    6450 approx gal water

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool uprights are not strong enough to support a deck, however all you need to do is build a free standing deck. Many on here have done this and they have allot of details and pictures of their beautiful decks. Just search intex pool deck on this site.
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions