Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: S1njin

1. Back To Top    #1

S1njin

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Hi, Gina,

I do not think that is mustard algae. I think it is simply regular dead algae. Mustard algae shows as a smooth, even, yellowish layer on the floors and most always the walls. You show clumps gathered in the bottom of the pool and that color and it's clumping habit is most always dead algae.

SLAM your pool. You must, brush, vacuum and keep the chlorine at SLAM value until your pool is crystal clear and you can pass the OCLT
    Duraleigh, this is pretty much what mine looks like too (from the copper/algaecide thread). Except mine gathers along some of the bottom seam of the liner between the floor and the wall. I never have it in splotches i the middle like the OP does.

I did spin my eyeballs to change the flow of water from clockwise to counterclockwise to see if that would help.

TC 12
    FC 12
    CC 0
    pH 7.5
    TA 70
    CYA 70ish

Water temp 87 (heater has been turned off)
    42' natural free-form pool, vinyl lined, 6' deep end, 21,400 gallons
    2 HP Hayward Superpump, Hayward Aquarite SWG, AquaComfort 125k btu heat pump, 350lb Hayward Pro Series sand filter
    2 skimmers, 2 floor drains, 10 returns (6 in the pool, 2 in the steps, 2 in the swim-out)
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FINALLY figured out I have Mustard Algae!

Quote Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
    Duraleigh, this is pretty much what mine looks like too (from the copper/algaecide thread). Except mine gathers along some of the bottom seam of the liner between the floor and the wall. I never have it in splotches i the middle like the OP does.

I did spin my eyeballs to change the flow of water from clockwise to counterclockwise to see if that would help.

TC 12
    FC 12
    CC 0
    pH 7.5
    TA 70
    CYA 70ish

Water temp 87 (heater has been turned off)
    why don't you create your own thread dedicated to your problem? It makes things simpler for us. Please also add name of the test kit you're using to your signature.
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit