Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help ASAP!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help ASAP!!!!

We had someone turn on our pumps today....a pipe broke lose from one of the pumps and is shooting water out while draining the pool. How do we stop this?

20160810_232028_resized.jpg
    18 x 38 gunite, 39-7 deep, 8 x 12 tanning ledge with 8 deep water, umbrella sleeve, 2 LED bubblers.
    2 Pentair LED lights, 16 long fiberglass hill slide and jump rock. Sand dune pavers/coping. TF-100. My build: Georgia Pool Build.... No Longer O/B :))

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Help ASAP!!!!

Looks like a threaded connection.

Turn the pump off. If threaded re tighten. If glued then you need to dry and re-bond the PVC.
    16' x 32' IG 20k Gallon
    Traditional White Plaster
    Hayward Tristar VS Pump
    Hayward Navigator Pro
    Pentair 60 Sq. Ft.

3. Back To Top    #3

Turn the pump off right away. Then in the daylight you can get those guys to repair their work!

4. Back To Top    #4

Open the panel, and cut all the breakers.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you all! We cut the breakers off and it worked. We thought the noise we heard was the rain. Thank goodness my husband checked before bed.
    18 x 38 gunite, 39-7 deep, 8 x 12 tanning ledge with 8 deep water, umbrella sleeve, 2 LED bubblers.
    2 Pentair LED lights, 16 long fiberglass hill slide and jump rock. Sand dune pavers/coping. TF-100. My build: Georgia Pool Build.... No Longer O/B :))

6. Back To Top    #6

Sheree, you and your family are going to have quite the tale to tell one day.. "Remember when our pool was being built...." LOL

Good Luck!
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

7. Back To Top    #7

What I want to know is how your picture is so clear??? I KNOW your hands were shaking and heart beating out of your chest when you saw this!!!!!!!!!!!!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

That is actually a bonus water feature called "The Party Fountain". I hear kids and dogs love them. We thought about installing one but opted for a simple bubbler.

In all seriousness, glad your husband checked and you got it shut down. It must have mudded the yard pretty good up as well. Keep repeating to yourself, nothing good ever comes easy...

plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
    Sheree, you and your family are going to have quite the tale to tell one day.. "Remember when our pool was being built...." LOL

Good Luck!
    Right, Brian!! I did chuckle about it today....we sat in the living room thinking that it was raining for almost an hour while right outside the window our pool water was being shot 12 feet into the air (in our defense it was suppose to storm). It's a shame we didn't realize what was happening before the water drained down to the top of the light niche. And we thought the water bill would be expensive before!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    What I want to know is how your picture is so clear??? I KNOW your hands were shaking and heart beating out of your chest when you saw this!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!! The second I saw it I was like OMG I need to get this posted on TFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by platipus View Post
    That is actually a bonus water feature called "The Party Fountain". I hear kids and dogs love them. We thought about installing one but opted for a simple bubbler.

In all seriousness, glad your husband checked and you got it shut down. It must have mudded the yard pretty good up as well. Keep repeating to yourself, nothing good ever comes easy...

plat.
    at opting for the simple bubbler!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

Im sorry about your water loss, and also sorry because I couldnt help but laugh a bit when I saw the pic. The good news is it's an easy fix.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!