Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Utilitech Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Replacing Utilitech Pump

The motor on our pump froze for the second time this summer. Pine needles were in the impeller both times. Unfortunately, we could not get the motor to run after we removed the needles the second time. My question is should we go with a different pump. I find it troublesome that the pine needles were able to reach the impeller. Is this a flaw with the Utilitech pump? We are looking at the Pentair 340042 SuperFlo High Performance Energy Efficient Two Speed 1HP.
    Still wet behind the ears pool owner
    34 x 18 27,500 gallon inground Buster Crabbe vinyl, one return, built in 1994
    Haywood Pro-Series S244T Filter
    Utilitech 1HP Themoplastic Pump UT1100IGPP

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Replacing Utilitech Pump

Welcome to TFP

I love that pentair pump, it has worked great and never let me down..

How are pine needles getting past your skimmer, or is it from a suction side cleaner? if a cleaner put one of these on, it also works great

Amazon.com : Zodiac Cyclonic Automatic Pool Cleaner Leaf Catcher Canister : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

This is the vacuum head that came with the pool. We always use the skimmer basket when cleaning,
    but the pine needles are still getting through. It has a chip missing so we are replacing it. I greatly appreciate recommendations for a vacuum. The lovely robotic vacuums are not in our budget unless my youngest son quits college.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

grab that zodiac and put it between one of the hoses and it will grab all those needles
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. I've ordered the Pentair 34004 and the Zodiac as well as the Baracuda 3G. I may only have a few weeks of swimming season in East Tennessee, but I'll be ready for next year.