Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2nd Pool... 1st time attempting to maintain it....we'll see how long that lasts :P

1. Back To Top    #1

2nd Pool... 1st time attempting to maintain it....we'll see how long that lasts :P

Name is Dan and we are in Phoenix... just finished building our new pool. We had one before, but I never maintained it (had a pool guy) I'm going to attempt to maintain this one and my buddy Andrew said to check out this forum. I'm pretty familiar with water chemistry and algae control from maintaining my reef fish tanks (currently dry). I think I can pick up on this, but my main concern is time... During my busy season (spring through fall) I'm working very long hours and weekends with very little time off, so I'm hoping this can be less time consuming than I am thinking it could be (one of the reasons i'm not maintaining a reef right now). Anyways... this is my intro... so here's my new pool and putting green.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2nd Pool... 1st time attempting to maintain it....we'll see how long that lasts :

Hey there! Welcome to TFP

Tell us a little about your pool and equipment. How are you sanitizing and testing your water?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 2nd Pool... 1st time attempting to maintain it....we'll see how long that lasts :

Welcome to TFP!

Or you can add your pool info to your sig as shown here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

It was just filled on Saturday of last week, so I haven't developed a regimen yet. I have a start up kit from the pool builder that has liquid chlorine/shock, muriatic Acid, a small tub of chlorine tabs (I bought a big tub) and some test strips. The pool is 80ft perimeter, 358 surface area 10740 Gallons, pebble sheen interior, Eco-Smart in floor cleaning system, deckclor system, ozonator, Hayward 330' Cartridge filter, Hayward 1.8HP VSP.

5. Back To Top    #5

I saved my sig... it's not showing up yet for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind... there it is
    Dolphin Pools, 80ft perimeter, 358 surface area 10740 Gallons, pebble sheen interior, Eco-Smart in floor cleaning system, deckclor system, ozonator, Hayward 330' Cartridge filter, Hayward 1.8HP Variable Speed, Hayward AquaConnect Automation, travertine deck and coping, putting green. Completion/Fill Date 08/06/2016.

6. Back To Top    #6

Okie doke... well.. your best friend for pool care is a proper test kit. "Guess Stips" aren't very useful and can be downright inaccurate. We only recommend two- the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006, both avail from TFTestkits.net or from Amazon. The proper testing will save you time and money and help you only put in your water that which it needs and nothing else. You also need precise numbers for the following test elements:
    FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

Your pool being new is going to require close monitoring of the pH, CH, TA for a few months as the plaster cures.

You shouldn't count on the ozone system to contribute much considering you still have to use chlorine in the pool. Ozone systems are more suited for indoor pools.

Good Read --> Pool School - Start-up New Plaster
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is the general Pebble Tec care guide
    Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

Go here and register your warranty and they will send you a start up guide and a tech support contact
    Product Registration Pebble Tec

I prefer the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net, here's why, Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach