Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Rainbow in-line feeder on a salt water pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Rainbow in-line feeder on a salt water pool?

a neighbor is about 3 weeks ahead of me in our respective builds with the same builder and just had his equipment pad finished up today. We're both doing salt water pools but noticed the PB put a Pentair in-line chlorine feeder (Rainbow 320 to be precise) in his install. Apart from possibly startup, is this going to serve any purpose? I suppose as a possible backup if his SWG cell goes belly up at some point before he could drop a replacement in?
    Build started 6/17. 33x23 free-form, IG, sport pool (approx 17k gallons). Plaster. SWG. Pentair CCP520, Pentair IF 3HP VSP (011018). Dolphin robot cleaner TDB

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pentair Rainbow in-line feeder on a salt water pool?

I would definitely skip that. If you ever want to use pucks for some reason a cheap puck floater will work fine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Plano Tx

Re: Pentair Rainbow in-line feeder on a salt water pool?

I'm faced with a similar situation, though I plan to use bleach with a Stenner pump rather than a SWG. My builder said he would still include one "just in case". I think he thinks I'm a little crazy for not wanting to drink the kool-aid and use the pucks like everyone else. I dropped it and said OK, but maybe I should tell him not to include it after all. Just curious if there is a reason you say definitely skip it. The only thing I could think of is that it is an unnecessary weak point in the plumbing if I don't really plan to use it. I'm I on the right track?
    Plano TX - IG gunite pool and spa - 21k gallons - 680 sqft - Travertine paver deck, Lueders coping, pebble plaster, glass tile - Jandy iAqualink automation, VS e pump, CL580 cartridge filter, JXI 400k btu gas heater - Aqua Comfort heat/cool pump - Stenner 10gpd chlorine pump - Savi Melody LED lighting - Maytronics Active 30i robot - TF100
    My Build Thread