Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air continuously in pool pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Air continuously in pool pump

Hi,

I have a soft sided Intex pool and pump with no skimmer. Air keeps appearing in my outlet hose, just outside the pump.

I unplug the pump, unscrew the valve on top to let all the air out, shake all the hoses to ensure the air is out of them, and then plug the pump back in.

It runs well for a few minutes and then air starts accumulating in the hose again. I've done this several times. All my connections seem to be tight. I do not see air in any other hoses.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Tom

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Air continuously in pool pump

There is a leak somewhere in either the hoses leading from the pool to the pump, or in the pump itself. Have you checked the o-ring in the top of the pump to see that it's seated correctly?
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Air continuously in pool pump

Quote Originally Posted by trsalerts View Post
    Hi,

I have a soft sided Intex pool and pump with no skimmer. Air keeps appearing in my outlet hose, just outside the pump.

I unplug the pump, unscrew the valve on top to let all the air out, shake all the hoses to ensure the air is out of them, and then plug the pump back in.

It runs well for a few minutes and then air starts accumulating in the hose again. I've done this several times. All my connections seem to be tight. I do not see air in any other hoses.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Tom
    Hello and welcome.

Can you post a picture?

I assume you are referring to the suction side of the pump?

Is the water level of the pool above the suction fitting in the pool?

Are all connections tight?

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!