Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWCG need to shock?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWCG need to shock?

PoolPals:

I recently converted to the Saltron Mini salt water chlorine generator for my spa. It is working perfectly. Now, with my pool I also have a SWCG, and I never shock the pool. Never. The pool is perfect. According to the instructions that came with my Aquapure 1400, they say that shocking is likely not needed since the chlorine level inside the generator is very high, and shocks the water as it comes through it. That has been my experience with the pool. For those of you using a SWCG in your spa, do you find the same? My spa seems perfect, the FC level is 4, and there are no CC's. Can I get away without the weekly shock of liquid chlorine?
    18,000 gallon in ground pool built 2008, PebbleSheen surface, Aquapure salt system, Jandy 580 filter, Polaris sweep with booster pump, 2 stage filter pump, Suntopia solar heat; Marquis 630 ultimate spa, 2008, 390 gallons, built in ozonator, Saltron Mini Salt Water chlorine Generator for spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWCG need to shock?

Yes, no need to shock anything ever. Just maintain chlorine. Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

OK, that is terrific. That is a significant advantage of this method.
    18,000 gallon in ground pool built 2008, PebbleSheen surface, Aquapure salt system, Jandy 580 filter, Polaris sweep with booster pump, 2 stage filter pump, Suntopia solar heat; Marquis 630 ultimate spa, 2008, 390 gallons, built in ozonator, Saltron Mini Salt Water chlorine Generator for spa

4. Back To Top    #4

Right! One of many!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

A few weeks in now with my new SWCG in my spa, and I have to say, it is terrific. For the first time in the 8 years I have had the spa, I can say that I am really enjoying it. It is always ready, and crystal clear and delightful. Super easy to maintain with minimal effort. The help I have received on this site is outstanding. Now that I understand the chemistry and care, and have a good test kit, what a difference. Wow. And it all makes sense too. The days of so many crazy products from the pool store are gone. I have a shelf full. I look at the stuff now and just laugh. Knowledge is power. Thanks to all.