Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Always leave Creepy Crawley on or rotate?

1. Back To Top    #1

Always leave Creepy Crawley on or rotate?

I've noticed if I always leave creepy Crawley connected and doing his job the top of the pool water gets smaller amounts of debris.

Should you give creepy Crawley a break every few days so the skimmer can clean the top layer of the water?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Always leave Creepy Crawley on or rotate?

Having your Kreepy Crawly always hooked up will affect the skimming action of your pool. The debris will generally sink eventually and the Kreepy will pick it up if it's not too big. The bigger concern with leaving your Kreepy in the pool all the time is that it will possibly shorten its life with exposure to chemicals and the sun. IMO I would rotate it.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

So how often do you rotate?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I just leave mine in all the time. Granted, I have a dedicated vacuum port so I'm still getting skimming, but having to pull it out/put it in all the time would drive me nuts (that's one of the reasons I didn't get a robot). Most of the wear and tear items are pretty easy/cheap to replace.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D