Mess After Vacation

Apr 12, 2016
tampa, fl
Haven't checked in for a while as pool has been sparkly and clean.. Went on vacation last week and came back to yellow algae on walls in shaded end. There's been a ton of rain here too so that's compounded the problem, I'm sure. Do I need to slam? Is it possible it'd go away without doing that? My numbers:
FC 2.5
PH 9
TA 80
CH 190
CYA 65

I turned the SWG up to 70% from 50. Thanks as usual for any help.

Thanks very much, I've collected all of the supplies needed for SLAM and will start this evening.
Any ideas what specifically could've caused the outbreak based on info above? Would heavy rain be enough? Just trying to avoid this again this summer.

thats my fault. it tested darker than the highest number on the kit so i put 9. it may be above that, but ive got plenty of acid to bring it down to slam. couple last qs.
is 2 hours enough time after adding acid to get a proper reading (pump on)?
does the algae have any effect on giving me a true ph reading?
since my pump will be running during the slam, is it ok to leave my robot in the pool? i dont have a manual vacuum.

thats my fault. it tested darker than the highest number on the kit so i put 9. it may be above that, but ive got plenty of acid to bring it down to slam. couple last qs.
is 2 hours enough time after adding acid to get a proper reading (pump on)?
does the algae have any effect on giving me a true ph reading?
since my pump will be running during the slam, is it ok to leave my robot in the pool? i dont have a manual vacuum.

could you please add name of the test kit you use to your signature?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.