Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: auto cover advice

1. Back To Top    #1

auto cover advice

Hi All,

Looking for advice/experiences with auto covers. I would like to get one but have no idea what to look for or to watch out for. We are in a northern climate that sees a lot of snow as well. I would love a cover that would help retain heat and keep out leaves. Open to suggestions. Thanks for the help

Michael
    21,000 gallon IG with vinyl liner, Pentair sand filter, TF100 test kit, pool is about 15 years old.
    new in 2016 - Hayward SWCG with T15 cell

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: auto cover advice

I assume you have a rectangular pool? Anything else makes it more complicated.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

no, it's kidney shaped but the shape issue can be dealt with. More looking for which companies product is better than others, what others experiences have been.
    21,000 gallon IG with vinyl liner, Pentair sand filter, TF100 test kit, pool is about 15 years old.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The only thing I will recommend you get is a stainless steel mechanism with the salt
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

5. Back To Top    #5

good point, thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I have an auto cover from coverstar. We are very happy with it. I live in GA. When it is closed, I have a pump on top to pump off any water - 1- for safety, so we don't have a mini-pool, and 2 - the weight of the water can damage the cover per the manufacturer. So when you speak to them, I would ask about how it will deal with the weight of snow, so you know if/when you need to remove snow. I am happy with ours. For now I close it only when we are away or if there is a storm, as the solar parts works too well here in the summer. Am looking forward to seeing how long I will be able to swin w/o a heater this year.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.