Pool cove help

May 29, 2015
Wahpeton, ND
We just got a new (used) pool and I am ordering the parts I need. A liner and cove is on my list but I want to make sure I am ordering the right things :)
Anu pics of cove I see being attached are on a pool with a straight metal bottom ring. My pool is resin and the bottom ring has a flare to it. Will the peel and stick cove work right with my pool?

Got my cove in the mail. Here is a pic of what I am questioning. You can see that if placed at the ground, there is about an inch of space where it would need to meet the wall. If I hold it up to where it should attavh to the wall, it does not hit the floor. So what is the best solution for this?PhotoGrid_1471284024696.jpg

Rock and hard place for sure..............I am thinking you are going to have do some dirt/sand work............Put the cove ON the wall so it seals as best it can THEN use the sand to fill in UNDER the cove and UP the cove.

Your goal is to STOP the liner from having any place it can get out of of the pool.

Play around and see if you can push the cove so it fits on that piece with the cut out and if you can push the top of the cover against the wall AND it say that way with some pressure.

You are going to have to play around with it to see what works best. :( I wish I were there to help you figure it out.

:hug:

When you floor pad what are you talking about? Gorilla pad, tarp, foam pad, ?????

Oh!! if you are using foam.......you would not need as much if ANY sand to fill in the area under the cove!!!!

If you are using gorilla pad or tarp hummmmm trying to think it through.......pad over the cove with sand filling in area under the cove to keep the liner from pushing under. Using spray adhesive to hold it there. It might take some fancy cutting to make sure it does not bunch up or over lap. The over lap would show the liner some.

Let me know what you are using.

:kim:

I plan to use foam. This is what I plan on using. I know someone who does autobody work and gets loads of this and he loves wjen someone is able to reuse/recycle it :)
Do you see any problems with using this as a bottom...besides the issue I am having :)?PhotoGrid_1471458345739.jpg

That is NICE stuff! Going to feel great on your feet and help hide any boo-boos on the floor.

Okay with it being that thicker I would not run it up the wall. It will show under the liner.

I would put it under the cove on top of the sand if possible. How much of a gap will be left under the cove with this foam?

:kim:

Me, I would put sand, then that green padding, and then if my cove still did not fit over my track, I would cut the cove to fit. You *could* do it with a utility knife, but I would just run it through a band saw and take off enough on the back corner to make it fit. A hacksaw blade (held in your hand, not in a hacksaw frame) would also make quick work of it. Not as fast as a band saw, but faster than a utility knife.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.