Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cove help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cove help

We just got a new (used) pool and I am ordering the parts I need. A liner and cove is on my list but I want to make sure I am ordering the right things
    Anu pics of cove I see being attached are on a pool with a straight metal bottom ring. My pool is resin and the bottom ring has a flare to it. Will the peel and stick cove work right with my pool?
    10,000 gallon 22x52 Intex Ultra Frame pool.
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter/Pump (.75hp / 2150gph / 14" 77lb of sand)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cove help

Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

Give the above company an email or call to see what they say. They have awesome cust. service AND they will price match!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The cove we got had the bottom corner notched out and the peel and stick was at the top wall side (or wall foam in our case). It was VERY sticky so go slow. Also get the seems tight together as you go around.
    Spring 2016 Install, 24'x54" Saltwater LX AG Round Pool (13500 gal.), AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump, Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Borate and Salt, Well Water.

4. Back To Top    #4

Got my cove in the mail. Here is a pic of what I am questioning. You can see that if placed at the ground, there is about an inch of space where it would need to meet the wall. If I hold it up to where it should attavh to the wall, it does not hit the floor. So what is the best solution for this?PhotoGrid_1471284024696.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

Rock and hard place for sure..............I am thinking you are going to have do some dirt/sand work............Put the cove ON the wall so it seals as best it can THEN use the sand to fill in UNDER the cove and UP the cove.

Your goal is to STOP the liner from having any place it can get out of of the pool.

Play around and see if you can push the cove so it fits on that piece with the cut out and if you can push the top of the cover against the wall AND it say that way with some pressure.

You are going to have to play around with it to see what works best. I wish I were there to help you figure it out.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks kimkats, putting the cove on the wall and pushing sand up against and under it may be the best option I have. The next problem I run into then, is how to make a floor pad work with that set up.

7. Back To Top    #7

When you floor pad what are you talking about? Gorilla pad, tarp, foam pad, ?????

Oh!! if you are using foam.......you would not need as much if ANY sand to fill in the area under the cove!!!!

If you are using gorilla pad or tarp hummmmm trying to think it through.......pad over the cove with sand filling in area under the cove to keep the liner from pushing under. Using spray adhesive to hold it there. It might take some fancy cutting to make sure it does not bunch up or over lap. The over lap would show the liner some.

Let me know what you are using.

8. Back To Top    #8

I plan to use foam. This is what I plan on using. I know someone who does autobody work and gets loads of this and he loves wjen someone is able to reuse/recycle it
    Do you see any problems with using this as a bottom...besides the issue I am having ?PhotoGrid_1471458345739.jpg

9. Back To Top    #9

That is NICE stuff! Going to feel great on your feet and help hide any boo-boos on the floor.

Okay with it being that thicker I would not run it up the wall. It will show under the liner.

I would put it under the cove on top of the sand if possible. How much of a gap will be left under the cove with this foam?

10. Back To Top    #10

Me, I would put sand, then that green padding, and then if my cove still did not fit over my track, I would cut the cove to fit. You *could* do it with a utility knife, but I would just run it through a band saw and take off enough on the back corner to make it fit. A hacksaw blade (held in your hand, not in a hacksaw frame) would also make quick work of it. Not as fast as a band saw, but faster than a utility knife.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo