Buying a salwater pool 21x43 AG from thepoolfactory.com

Aug 10, 2016
NYC/NY
Here is the link for thr package at thepoolfactory.com 21'x43'x54 Saltwater LX Oval Pool Package

1) Is this a good AG pool.

2) Should I get the package or purchase everything separtely? eg. Just buy pool from them buy itself. If I should buy separtely which brands/models should I buy for filter, SWG, etc.

3) Anyone know any good installers in my area or can give me an estimate on how much it would cost to install this pool? I have grass in the backyard no hills or heavy slopes.

Thanks for your help guys!!

I have that pool but it is the only one I have had so I can't compare. The process went very well and the pool itself is solid. We also have the same filter and pump as well as the swg. They have run very well for us all summer. Pool factory has been very helpful and communicates effectively before and after they were paid.

I grew up there but left a long time ago so do not know any builders. My wife and two girls 9 and 11 put ours up so it can't be that hard...

I'm actually looking at the pool one size down 18x40. I'm just in the middle of figuring out everything i want so when the sale price i want i can pull the trigger right away. Earlier in the spring around April i think the pools were 33% off. I talked to one of the guys at TPF and he said to wait till Nov/Dec for a better price. So if you're not in a hurry like myself that might be a good time to wait.

The only thing i don't like (i'm not a pool owner at the moment but from my research) is that the pump you are quoted is a 2HP single stage. Personally i want to get a 2-stage pump. And they did offer one in the past but its out of stock (AquaPro 200 Cartridge Filter System - APF200PRO). Id suggest if that's what your looking for to call them and they might be able to get something in for you, at least that's what i was suggested when talking to one of their guys over the phone.

I do find TPF prices to be the best for the accessories from my online research.. when i pull the trigger i'm not going to go with their package and instead select the pool and then add the accessories on to get everything i want specifically.

Please let me know how this order/pool is if you go forward with it as i'm planning on getting one this winter/spring for a 2017 season!

Left NY for Hillybilly-ville LOL. I don't know man I am skeptical of buying everything from the same company. I kind of want to get the best bang for my buck on the essential accessories like filter and swg... i can't seem to find a thread on filter and swg comparisons...

I don't blame you. It was more convenient for us living in the middle of...well. We have the 2 speed pump and filter and think it is great. The swg runs on full for 8 hours so we may have done better. Get the biggest you can budget for. Pool factory has been really good to us. Give our light serious consideration, we had the best night swim last night...it lights up the whole pool and is great for the circulation. Do I miss the city? I miss the restaurants and entertainment...but not the traffic. There are no stop lights in our town...

The package doesn't specify the capacity of the swg, bigger is definitely better - at least one size larger than your pool capacity. Two stage pump strongly recommended. At this point spending a little bit more will save you a lot in the long run. A larger filter will also give you longer run times, more flow with less energy and longer intervals between cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.