Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What? Never seem my Dolphin do this!

1. Back To Top    #1

What? Never seem my Dolphin do this!

Are pool robots supposed to climb the walls? I was watching this video: Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Plus Review in Action - YouTube and i see the Dolphin get almost out of the pool.
    Mine never does that. Mine, whenever it gets to the wall, it tilts, stops and then goes backwards. I have never seen it climb the wall. Is it supposed to do this? Or do i just have a different model and mine is just for the pool floor and not for the wall?

Still learning,

Ton.
    25m3, in-ground, home-built (or apparently some french company that didn't know what they were doing), vinyl liner
    Speck Badu 42/9 pump, Zodiac Boreal sand filter, Dolphin Zenit 10 robot
    pH 7.0-7.2, Cl 0.3-0.6mg/l

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What? Never seem my Dolphin do this!

You need to adjust the handle.....diagonally

15000 gallon pool (15x30 + 7x7 sitting area), IG-Blue Pebble, Sand Filter-Hayward Pro Series, Pump-Hayward Tristar VS pump, Water Test Kit-TF 100, NEW POOL-COMPLETED ON 5/7/16, City Water w/no restriction, Dolphin M400

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by samwestx View Post
    You need to adjust the handle.....diagonally
    Can you elaborate on that? I don't think the handle on the Dolphin Zenit 10 is adjustable.
    25m3, in-ground, home-built (or apparently some french company that didn't know what they were doing), vinyl liner

4. Back To Top    #4

Toon,

If you Google Dolphin Zenit you will see that there are several models.. 10, 15, 20, 30...

It appears to me that the Zenit 10 only cleans the bottom and cove area where the wall meets the bottom. The other versions, 15, 20, and 30 all state that they climb the wall and clean the water line. They have a different type of handle that helps makes this possible.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    It appears to me that the Zenit 10 only cleans the bottom and cove area where the wall meets the bottom.
    Yeah, i found this out myself now. At least nothing is broken.

Thanks Jim!