Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting the pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Starting the pool!

Starting the pool install today! Fiberglass. Viking Pools - Gulf Coast (40 ft x 16 ft x 8 ft). I'll add pictures as they go.

16ft x 40ft fiberglass pool (Viking Pools - Gulf Coast). Hayward pump and filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Starting the pool!

WoooHooo!! Fun Times Ahead!!! Welcome to TFP RobinsonFam Glad to have another fiberglass pool owner here!

I remember well the crane lifting our pool over the house and into the yard. What a scare! The PB said he's never seen one go that high before, <gulp!>

Take lots of pics for us. We love 'em!

Yippee
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice. My pool pics are in my signature below. Good luck! Oh .... and welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

The PB said he's never seen one go that high before
    Yeah, I'm worried about that.....my house is a 2 story with a tall peak (you can see similar sized houses in the pic out the window). And the pool is 40ft long. So if they go long-ways, that's going to be more than three stories high. (If I am around, I plan on taking some pictures or video of the process.)
    16ft x 40ft fiberglass pool (Viking Pools - Gulf Coast). Hayward pump and filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a hole now. Crane scheduled to be here a little before noon tomorrow.

6. Back To Top    #6

This was on Thursday......I have other pics, but they are a lot more boring than this one. Pool is in the hole and is nearly full of water. If the weather holds, they should be doing all of the trench work and patio work early next week. But, there's threats of rain.

7. Back To Top    #7

More! More pics!! Love it

What equipment will you be running? Have you ordered your TF-100 test kit yet??

Time to start reading --> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

We'll be running Hayward equipment. Most of it will probably be the basic equipment, but I did upgrade to a variable speed pump so I can run at a lower speed. I've been reading up on the chemistry, but don't yet have my test kit (Amazon Prime, so I figured I'd see what test kit the pool guys give me and if necessary, a new one will be at my house in a day or two).

9. Back To Top    #9

There are only two test kits we trust- The TF-100 is the one you want with a big pool like that. $70, from TFTestkits.net or Amazon. Worth every penny and will save you a ton.

How are you going to sanitize? SWG is perfect for that pool.

10. Back To Top    #10

Fun and SCARY times for sure! What will you be putting in around the pool?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Nice! Looks like you have a similar type lot as we do (see Direction overlooked?). Do you have a patio design layout you can share? It looks like you chose to locate the pool with the yard over the house which is what we originally had planned for, so Id love to see how you are thinking of tying it together.

12. Back To Top    #12

Our plan is to have a big rectangle around the pool (I know, boring....). Basically, the pool is perpendicular to the house so that we still have a lot of yard left to the nearest long edge. We'll be putting 2ft of concrete on the "back" side, 4ft on each end, and then 9ft on the near side for entertaining space. Basically, you'll walk from the existing patio out to the pool decking without any height change. Once it's all built out, we'll put a couple of bistro tables out there, plus a grill and a large umbrella and maybe a lounge chair or two.

We have dogs and didn't want to leave them no place to romp and play. The back fence is almost north south with the pool being in the southern corner, but there are no trees (newly built neighborhood), so we couldn't position to take advantage of any.

It's been a slow drizzle since Saturday, so I'm not sure if they'll work today or not.

And as for sanitizing, right now, I'm planning on using bleach.

13. Back To Top    #13

Good solid, well thought out plans! Something for every one!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Sounds like a nice "destination" pool/patio. I hear ya on the dogs. Isnt it funny how they get such a preference? Im pretty sure we bought our house based on the yard for our pup (6 yr old golden/yellow lab mix).

15. Back To Top    #15

My only suggestion is to get a little more than just 2' on that back. In fact I would suggest 4' being the minimum. It helps also to keep grass clippings away from the pool when you mow, and allows for chairs or two people to be on that area of the deck. More is *always* better with cement decking. People complain after the fact wishing they had more, but I've never heard anyone say they had too much.

Yip

16. Back To Top    #16

Rain, rain, go away. I'd like for them to work on my pool today.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by grumpiebk View Post
    Sounds like a nice "destination" pool/patio. I hear ya on the dogs. Isnt it funny how they get such a preference? Im pretty sure we bought our house based on the yard for our pup (6 yr old golden/yellow lab mix).
    Our yard (and pool) pretty much belongs to our dogs. They occasionally allow us to share the space.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

18. Back To Top    #18

The concrete patio has been set up (foundation, form, and rebar) and the city inspector is scheduled for Monday. If everything passes inspection, they should be bringing in a pump truck to finish off the patio. Clean-up on Wednesday and swimming on Thursday! At least that's the "word on the street".

19. Back To Top    #19

And where are our pictures?????????? LOL

20. Back To Top    #20

Concrete form

And poured

Now for it to dry so we can jump in!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast