Need help on 15x30x48 Esther Williams unlevel and liner replacement

Aug 9, 2016
CARTERET
The pool is been out of level since last year, I want to get it fixed so I can have it ready for next summer, we are using the pool the way it is for now, and also I need to replace the liner, this pool have the view/through windows 2 of them also need the gaskets for those don't know where to get them. Thanks

I've never work in a pool before, want to do the right thing to level the side is unlevel, I know I have to empty the pool to do it, I might have to take a part the unlevel side to work on, what do I need to level the floor on that side, sand? . Early this year the pool only has 24 in of water due to 2 holes, also the cover I had fall down in the pool because of snow storm we had, i just fill up the pool and them patch the holes and I thought lifting the frame on the side where the 4 pool support poles are I placed 2x4 wood under to help level of course not the right way, it doesn't help after filling the pool up. So the question is should I empty the pool by the end of the season and start with the level problem and next year do the liner or do everything next year by spring time. Thanks

Hi, welcome to TFP! Unless you absolutely have to have those viewing windows I would let the liner cover the windows and not worry about it. Make sure any screw openings are covered with 2 or 3 layers of duct tape before the new liner goes in.

I would not try adding sand to level that one corner. If the next to last picture is of the problem corner it looks like the ground is wet there. That could be causing the corner to sink. After you remove the liner inspect that corner for damage and build up the ground with decomposed granite or crusher run gravel and pack it tight with a tamper.

Hey Speedpx. I just bought and installed the exact same pool. Just bought a used Esther Williams 15x30 Carousel Mine didn't have the windows. My 15 x 30 also has the patio and walk around with the fencing. I have the OE instructions. They are for oval and round. I'd be happy to help you with them but I'm not sure how to get you a copy. Scanning and emailing would be a long process. Ditto putting on a flash drive. Possibly having Kinkos 2 side copy and then send to you. It doesn't cover the walk or the patio. Nor does it even mention windows. I'm putting on the walk and deck in my free time. I could use pictures or a description on how the under walk braces go on. Let me know how I can help.

I have some questions for you wichita chief when you take a part the pool there was any damaged on the frame wall or any part of the pool, also The problem is the side that is against the fence have some post that sank on the ground I think I have to take it a part that side or do you think I don't have to also what kind of liner did you get? is specifically for esther williams pools I know is a beaded liner (u bead) right?

The pool I bought was sunk in the ground 18"-24" in guessing. The biggest issues were some of the SS bolts had rusted and were a pain to get off. Those were not so much the ones under the pool or on the bottom of the side rails but more up on the sides where the top clips go on. The actual structure either the slats, rails, uprights, or buttresses were not really harmed. Some corrosion but not enough anything needed replacing. Speaking of the buried parts. I did have some heavy pitting on the slats around the skimmer hole and return eyeball hole. As noted in my thread I used JB weld to fill the pitting and achieve a smooth surface. I bought a Swimline brand liner made specifically with a EW bead. Although it is a beaded liner by definition a EW bead is a variation on the beaded liner design. I was not going to chance using a uni-bead on such a big undertaking and chance it not holding well. The Swimline EW bead fit the bead receiver real good and was kinda a pain to get out of the receiver when we needed to re-position the liner upon install. So to me it is a good fitting bead they use. Like mentioned earlier being how it's 61 pages long the instruct would take awhile to scan and save, time of which I wouldn't have till things slow down here, if even then. These instructions http://www.premierabovegroundpools.com/Monument_ROUND_EXTRUDED_WALL Installation Maniual.pdf are close to what mine look like but with fewer pages. See if these would help. Like I said copying 2 sided at Kinko and sending them to you would probably be quicker than having me scan & pdf them. (I'm still staring at a box of slides I decided to scan and save years ago. I'm maybe a 1/3 done?) Probable cost $10-$15 plus shipping judging from when I last used them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.