Aqua Trol RJ - light goes out and will not generate chlorine but pump still runs

Aug 10, 2016
Warrensburg, MO
Aqua Trol model AQ-TROL-RJ - current salt level is 3000ppm
Power, Generating, & Super Chlorinate lights all come on like normal after the No Flow light stops flashing, but very shortly after they all go out.

Diagnostics buttons pushed when lights are ON read:
1) Pool temp 88
2) cell voltage starts at 17.0 and quickly drops to 1.1 (then all lights go off)
3) cell current 0
4) Desired output 100p
5) Instant salinity - 0
6) Product name AL-7
7) Software revision level R1.45

Diagnostics buttons pushed when lights are OFF read:
1) Pool temp 88
2) cell voltage starts at 1.1 and very very slowly rises to 17.0 (then all lights come on)
3) cell current 0
4) Desired output 70p
5) Instant salinity - 0
6) Product name AL-7
7) Software revision level R1.45

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong with this unit will be greatly appreciated!

Mine is doing the same thing! have you figured out the problem yet? I'm going to try replacing the fuse tomorrow

I have not figured it out yet, but with JamesW's suggestion, I googled it and found a couple interesting you tube video that might help if it is the current limiter. We will probably be trying this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ou-sDA0yG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPL_YnvWumk

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your suggestion JamesW!!! Sounds like you might be right.... let's hope that's all it is anyway ;)

Probably the current limiter (thermistor).

THANK YOU JamesW!!!!!! That was exactly the problem! I spent $8 dollars ordering the parts from DigiKey and my husband was able to remove the old Thermistor and replace it with a new one. The only issue was that the YouTube video told us to order a part that wasn't exactly the same. The only difference was the size of the legs and spread of the legs on the thermistor, but DigiKey customer service connected me with an applications engineer and she confirmed that the two were exactly the same except for the fit so my hubby was able to bend the spread and solder it on just fine. Plugged it in and it works!!!! Thank you so much!

Advice to anyone else doing this is to write down all the letters and numbers on your current thermistor so you can find the exact one that fits perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is doing the same thing! have you figured out the problem yet? I'm going to try replacing the fuse tomorrow

If you haven't gotten yours fixed yet, read the rest of my replies below. We were able to fix ours by replacing the thermistor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.