Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So, when can I use a vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

So, when can I use a vacuum?

Pebble plaster 2 weeks old, been brushing 2x per day. Not much dust that i can see but on the bottom is seems like i am just brushing old dust around. So continue 2x per day for another 2 wks then vacuum?

Also when do i clean the filter? i have the largest Jandy filter they make.

Thx
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: So, when can I use a vacuum?

The vacuum my PB gave us has plastic wheels. The startup guy put it in the pool exactly 1 week after plaster. It was fine. I used it last week (plaster 2 weeks old) because I had so much dirt in the pool from them filling and grading.
    Walmart and Lowe's actually have brush head vacuum heads for really cheap if you want to get one.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

3. Back To Top    #3

Thx, i will try the brush before i get a robot
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a bottom drain? I turn all my suction to the bottom drain and brush debris toward the drain. You are ok to brush once a day now.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

The pool cleaner is perfectly fine to use right now. A pebble finish is much different than traditional plaster.... Fire it up
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep, two bottom drains, since my skimmer and main drains are tied together, i think i need to adjust somthing in the bottom of the skimmer? Will try that.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, there is a diverter valve to divert flow between skimmer and drain. I agree with Brian that it is fine to launch the pool cleaner in a pebble pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach