Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: im new

1. Back To Top    #1

im new

hello central cali here with 18k pool. I bought a new home a year and a half ago with a pool and have been learning ever cense. I am not really having problems yet but have noticed a rise in cya this summer. I have a package of bio active already but wont be trying it till probly next week cause of chlorine levels. I know it may not work but I have already purchased it so I am will to give it a try. please note that I am not having major problems with my pool. cya levels are between 150 and 200. they have been on the rise all summer due to chlorine tabs and now this will be an experiment. I will probly go swg if this stuff doesn't work

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: im new

Welcome to TFP! Good luck.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by barnnns1 View Post
    hello central cali here with 18k pool. I bought a new home a year and a half ago with a pool and have been learning ever cense. I am not really having problems yet but have noticed a rise in cya this summer. I have a package of bio active already but wont be trying it till probly next week cause of chlorine levels. I know it may not work but I have already purchased it so I am will to give it a try. please note that I am not having major problems with my pool. cya levels are between 150 and 200. they have been on the rise all summer due to chlorine tabs and now this will be an experiment. I will probly go swg if this stuff doesn't work
    Welcome!

To make your experiment more scientific it would greatly help if you could use widely recommended test kit TF100 for tests. Then we would know for sure what works and what doesn't.
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks. I have been self teaching through this forum and others. I plan on draining pool and adding swg but thought I would give this new product a try first. I am not looking for a miracle because my wife has very sensitive skin and swg will be better for her but I am curious about this stuff.

5. Back To Top    #5

I was big on saltwater fish aquariums for a long time so I understand the importance of testing and correcting water issues. already changed my pump out to an intelliflow and run it 24 hr a day.

6. Back To Top    #6

Well just to give an update. I have the bioactive but free chlorine is still to high to use. I need to go get an accurate test kit also. I'm hopefully going to start Sunday or Monday

7. Back To Top    #7

Just to avoid confusion, the thread regarding the bioactive is HERE: My bio active experiment

Use this thread for hellos and welcome messages
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for showing the move. I realized it should have its own thread.
    aprox 18k in ground