Aquarite, no lights, other than low flow, that eventually went off

Rick F

Aug 9, 2016
St Pete, Fl
Hello,
I have an AquaRite with I believe the latest firmware. I noticed algae in the pool. I opened the cover and no lights were lit up. I turned off the breaker to the filter then back on. The flow light came on then went off. No other lights came on. Oh, we had a terrible thunderstorm.
The readings are
99p
Al-1
r 1.40

Any suggestions as to where to start. Goldline controls was not helpful.
Thank You
Rick

Probably the current limiter (thermistor).

The board also got set to metric. To reset, go to temperature and move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto. Temp should go from 28C to 82 F.

Software revision r 1.40 is an older software revision.

Probably the current limiter (thermistor).

The board also got set to metric. To reset, go to temperature and move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto. Temp should go from 28C to 82 F.

Software revision r 1.40 is an older software revision.

Probably the thermistor? Does that rule out the transformer? Is the transformer all or none? How can I test for the thermistor?
Thank you

Okay, if the thermistor is the quarter sized black thing soldered onto the board, I see a black burn mark on the board at the attachment site. I am not sure if it was there before or not. I had replaced the board myself at one time. But cannot find paperwork and Goldmine was not going to risk a lawsuit by helping me this time. :(

The thermistor is almost always the problem. I would replace that first.

You can Google aquarite diagnostics for test procedures if you want but it's 99% certain to be the thermistor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.