Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ivory travertine versus other colors. Pictures please!

1. Back To Top    #1

Ivory travertine versus other colors. Pictures please!

I am having an incredibly hard time making a decision on our pool deck. We know we want travertine as well as travertine coping but can not decide on the color or size of coping. Please help-I love lighter colors and am intrigued by the Ivory swirl that travertine mart offers which seems to be a blend of the two. Any photos or advice in ordering from a wholesale place such as travertine mart or stone mart is SO appreciated. So happy I have found this forum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ivory travertine versus other colors. Pictures please!

We ordered ivory swirl from Travertine Mart and had no issues with them. They shipped quickly (from FL to OH) and had less than 1% breakage. (I think they say to estimate 4%) Prices were great, even with shipping included it was less than 1/2 what travertine costs around here.

We are expanding our concrete decking and it matches it nicely. We were happy with our purchase.

Here's a pic. Still a work in progress and it just rained out so that's what the dark areas are...

Last edited by poolnewbies5874; 08-09-2016 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Add pic
    12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I love your color travertine! What is the difference in the ivory and the ivory swirl? Does the ivory swirl mix some of the ivory and walnut shades? So happy to hear you were pleased with travertine mart.

4. Back To Top    #4

The ivory swirl mixes in a few of the darker colors for variation. I liked it because I thought it would help camouflage some of the dirt/dust/dirty dog paw marks. ☺

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

We did walnut from TravertineMart and would highly recommend for price, service and quality. Pics in sig.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here's a color they call "Noche" that we had installed. Ours is filled on one side and was installed filled side up. As I was told, filled is when they take travertine dust created in the cutting process and mix it with epoxies to make a paste that they used to smooth in the imperfections in the tiles. It looks like they may have used Ivory dust to fill our tiles. It is worth noting that this color, when dry for several days, takes on a powdery bleached look.

Installed 7/10/2016 : 18.3K gal. : IG Plaster : 3.5' - 6.5' : Integrated Spa
    Pentair WhisperFlo Pump, 1.5 HP : Century Centurion Booster Pump, 3/4 HP
    Pentair 420 sqft. Cartridge Filter : Pentair Inline Rainbow TriChlorinator
    Pentair EasyTouch Pool/Spa 8 : Pentair IC60 SWG : Pentair Intellibrite 5 Spa Lights x 2
    Pentair Kreepy Krawly Legend Pressure Side Cleaner : Taylor K-2006C Test Kit