Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello everyone!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello everyone!

New to forum, new to the pool world in general, overall almost completely clueless lol! This sorted helped to mo (mostly) overcome a nasty algae problem, and I would like to change to continue with the great advice I received!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello everyone!

Hello and welcome to TFP! Hopefully you are performing a TFP "SLAM" to clear that water and using the proper test kit. If not, or if you have any questions, just let us know. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

HI! LOVE the mo cute! Just let us know how we can help and someone will jump right in. It sounds like you have already been reading some. NICE! Have you read this?

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This the corner stone of the whys and hows of TFP!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the kind welcome messages! I only have strips - I just started a post in the algae forum. I can't afford a test kit atm, unfortunately. We have so far spent more than we paid for the pool trying to fix this problem. Our first mistake was listening to the pool store...they were testing our water for us and we were spending hundreds of dollars every time we went with a new chemical that was "guaranteed to work this time"! So I turned to TFP and the pool finally, slowly started clearing.
    Last edited by Meems82; 08-09-2016 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Additional info